Global Youth Science and Technology Bowl 2020
Invention (A): A new and original invention created by students with scientific knowledge and imagination.
Investigation (B): A research on scientific phenomena or the application of scientific theories.
- Project Category:
Physics an Engineering (PE): astronomy, meteorology, material science, earth science, environmental science, electronics, mechanics, communication, information technology, computer science and energy
Biology and Chemistry (BC): chemistry, chemical engineering, ecology, life science, biotechnology, food science, health science and medicine
- Students equivalent to the study year of Form 1 to Form 6 (US Grade 7-12; UK Year 8-13), and;
- Aged 19 or below (born on or after 21 March 2001), and;
- Each team should consist of 1 to 5 members, and;
- One teacher guide is required for each project
- Direct Qualification: Teams can be nominated by affiliated Regional, State or National Science Fairs;
- Individual Application: For teams without nomination from science fairs, they can submit their reports and be considered by our Selection Committee. Certificates should be provided if teams were awarded in regional, state or national science fairs.
The online competition is free of charge.
- Grand Prize
- Gold Award
- Silver Award
- Bronze Award
- First Prize
- Second Prize
- Third Prize
- Honourable Mention
- Visitors' Favourite Award
- Download the free Application “Zoom Cloud Meetings” in your computer or tablet for the online judging.
- Sign in at your assigned time with team number as the login name, if your team members will be at different locations, please make sure each team member login with their own device.
- The judging time will be 5 minutes for project presentation, and 4 minutes for Q&A session.
- Please make sure the camera of your device can clearly display your project of invention or tools for the presentation.
- The online judging will be live streamed to allow the public to participate.